6 incredibly tasty recipes jam
1. King jam pears.
Incredibly delicious and beautiful pear jam can be cooked from very inexpensive raw materials. At the beginning of the season and at the end is on sale small solid pear. For food, they are not suitable, such as for jam pear fit just perfectly!
Solid pears retain their shape well when cooked, the addition of saffron gives jam a beautiful sunny color. Wine, lavender and honey turns into a jam in the royal. In winter, when you open a jar of the jam and put it on the table, you feel that you have to visit the very summer!
In a jar 500ml capacity will need:
500g fine particulate pears (net weight)
250ml fragrant dry or sweet wine (Muscat, etc.)
1 tbsp flavored honey
1/8 tsp saffron threads
1/2 tsp lavender flowers (dried or fresh)
1 tsp pectin
1/2 Art. vinegar
1. Pour into a pan of cold water (2 liters) of water and add the vinegar. Prepare a bowl for cleaning.
2. Peel pears peeled and cut as follows:
– Cut off the stalk and the very top of the pear;
– Clean the skin;
– Cut the pear into 4 pieces;
– A small knife in the middle of a cut from the top, where there is solid residues cutting and finishing with seedpods.
3. Dip the finished pear slices in water with vinegar.
4. All cleaning (including cuttings and seeds) Fold in the pan and add it to the wine. Put the pan on the heat and bring the wine to a boil.
5. In a small bowl, pour saffron, the other – lavender flowers and pour two cups of hot wine a little. Set aside saffron and lavender in the direction that they are real. Cleaning the wine simmer on low heat another 15 minutes.
6. Strain the cooked wine into a bowl for cooking jam. Cleaning wring and discard. Wine after boiling will be cloudy and a little sticky from the digested pectin.
7. Place the bowl with the wine on the fire, add the sugar and stir, bring to a boil syrup.
8. Drop the pears in a colander, let drain the water and add to the bowl with sugar syrup. Through a fine sieve into a bowl, pour saffron infusion and tincture of lavender.
9. Lemon Wash hard sponge and soap for dishes, cut in half, and then cut into thin slices. Add the lemon to the pears.
10. Bring the jam to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and simmer pears, occasionally shaking his pelvis until all slices are soft and transparent.
11. Mix pectin with 1 tablespoon sugar, sprinkle in it into a bowl and stir until it is uniformly dispersed in the syrup. Add the honey jam. Bring the jam to a boil, cook for one minute.
To jams reach their full flavor and aroma, do not rush to eat it, let it ripen a month or two.
12. Put the jam into clean, dry and hot jar. Seal the lid and cool.
Tip: If you do not want to use pectin, increase the amount of sugar to 350g to 500g pears.
2. Jam apricot.
Apricot Jam has always been my favorite. My grandmother cooked it masterfully: cut each berry, took out a bone crashing. She put back nucleoli and so cooked. Amber, clear the jam with a marvelous aroma and flavor serve it on special occasions.
1300 – 1350 g apricots, hard, green barrels (gross weight, with seeds. Net Weight – 1 kg).
700 -1200 g sugar
1. Wash the apricots, immersing them in water.
2. Cut the apricots in half, remove seeds.
3. Fill the apricots sugar and store it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
If the fruit is very soft, add some sugar alcohol, is perfect – food alcohol at the rate of 100 ml per 1 kg of raw material. Under the influence of alcohol fruit will become more solid and seethe.
4. Two or three times, remove the apricots from the refrigerator and stir, picking up from the bottom of the wet sugar.
5. Apricot formed with syrup Put in a bowl for cooking. At the bottom of the dishes will be a layer of wet sugar – it also needs to be scraped off and added to the berries. Apricots gently mix – sugar gets going. Place the pelvis on medium heat and heat, stirring constantly. 5-15 minutes later, the syrup boils.
The time required for the syrup to reach boiling point depends on the amount of sugar.
The more sugar in the jam, the faster boil syrup.
6. Once the syrup boil, reduce the heat to the minimum. Add the cinnamon and lemon.
As for the lemon, then make sure it does not taste bitter. If the bitter taste, it is only squeeze the juice. The acid will contribute to a better release of the pectin. If you’re cooking with lemon, then chopped, taking into account will then get him out of a jam or not. If you are going to clean, cut into large, if you leave – then cut into very thin slices.
7. In the basin will be a lot of foam, all the berries float to the surface.
Do not rush to remove the foam – at this stage it is no good.
Make sure that even boiling, the fire in the middle of the pelvis – and leave the jam alone. Let boil gently for 15 minutes.
8. Remove the jam from the heat and leave to cool for 8-12 hours.
9. Return the bowl with jam on the fire, bring to a boil again and cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and leave for 8-12 hours.
10. The last time, bring the jam to a boil, until tender and Dowar packagi by banks to clean and hot.
Apricots are more gentle than cherries or cherry, because their skin is very easily separated by heating themselves apricots boiled soft, so they are kept in the sugar for a long time and it is advisable to cook them in several stages, although it can be one if the sugar is taken overall rate .
If you see the process of cooking “hard-core troublemakers” – tenderize halves – remove them out of a jam, so they do not spoil the syrup. How would you carefully any assorted fruits, always will fall a couple of very ripe.
As a rule, no spices in the jam from apricots do not add, but you can add apricot seeds (they are added at the beginning of cooking, after removing the skin of both the almond).
3. Jam from the pumpkin, dried apricots and lemon.
Unusual, very fragrant jam, which can be cooked and the late autumn and winter.
The main thing – to find a good, juicy pumpkins. Cooked jam should be put into the refrigerator for a week; When the pumpkin will absorb the taste of dried apricots, jam tastes will change, it will become quite apricot. It creates a very pleasant flavor and textural contrast, when the spoon in turn gets a slice of dried apricots, pumpkin, lemon or ginger.
If you do not like ginger – not add, but do not give up on a lemon!
1 kg pumpkin
300 grams of dried apricots
1 tbsp chopped candied ginger
a little nutmeg
2 cups water
1. Apricots cut into cubes, pour hot water and leave for 30 minutes.
2. Pumpkin cut into cubes 1×1 cm (or do you want), lemon, cut into 4 pieces lengthwise and then cut each piece crosswise into thin slices (with the skin).
3. In a saucepan pour the water from dried apricots, add sugar, heat until a clear syrup.
4. Stir in the pumpkin cubes, apricots, lemon and cook until pumpkin is tender.
5. Pectin mixed with 1 tsp sugar vsypte in jam, add a little grated nutmeg and cook a minute or two.
6. jam packagi by banks, let cool and store in the refrigerator for a week.
4. plum jam (jam) with liquor and spices.
Any drain well with spices, so chutney and pickled plum plums and plum jam with spices obtained very tasty.
This year I was making several different kinds of jams: with cardamom and cinnamon, with allspice and bay leaf.
But it turned out the most delicious jam with liquor “Amaretto”! Taste plum harmoniously merged with walnut liqueur note found entirely new shades.
Two cans of 500 ml will need:
1 200g plums (net) – solid, incomplete maturity
400 – 600 g sugar *
2 tsp pectin + 2 tablespoons sugar
Option 1: 10 peas allspice allspice, 2 bay leaves
Option 2: 4 – 5 cardamom pods cardamom 1 cinnamon stick cinnamon
Option 3: 60ml of liquor “Amaretto”
1. Put the plums in a large bowl and carefully wash, changing the water until it is clear.
2. Cut the plums in half, remove seeds.
3. Put the plums in a saucepan or basin, pour them with sugar and shake well to distribute the sugar evenly. Close the plum wrap and leave on the table a couple of hours (can be put into the refrigerator for up to 12-24 hours).
If the fruit is very soft, add some sugar alcohol, is perfect – food alcohol, the rate of 100ml per 1kg of raw materials. Under the influence of alcohol fruit will become more solid and seethe.
4. In a saucepan (pelvis) for cooking plum jam Put together with the sugar and juice. At the bottom of the dishes will be a layer of wet sugar – it also needs to be scraped off and added to the berries. Place the pelvis on a strong fire, and gently mix the contents – sugar gradually turns into syrup. After 10 minutes – 15 syrup boils.
The time needed for the syrup to reach to the boiling, depending on the amount of sugar.
The more sugar in the jam, the faster boil syrup.
5. Once the syrup comes to a boil, reduce heat to very small. Leave the berries cook for 30 minutes. Periodically stir jam, holding a spatula to the bottom of the pelvis, under the berries. Do not remove the foam appears, she later lost by itself, if sugar is of good quality.
6. Remove the jam from the heat and leave to cool for a period of 2 hours to a day. **
7. Prepare the jars for jam. I usually put them in a preheated 120 degree oven. Lids with rubber seals and gaskets separately pour boiling water.
8. Return the bowl with jam on the fire, add the spices (option 1 and option 2), bring the jam to a boil and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Symptom Condition: berries settled to the bottom, became transparent and dark.
9. Remove the jam from the major spices (bay leaf, cinnamon). Lemon Wash, remove the peel, squeeze the juice and add all the jam.
10. Mix pectin with sugar, add the jam, gently toss to pectin sold. Bring to a boil jam. Pour liquor (option 3).
Jam (jam) with liquor “Amaretto” will be the perfect accompaniment to cheese.
11. Spread the jam on the hot jars, close the lid and put in a warm oven (100 degrees C) for 20 minutes (or nestle banks blanket to jam cools more slowly).
A few comments and explanations.
* If you do not want to use pectin, take the maximum amount of sugar in the recipe above.
** Plum – soft berries, their skin separates easily when heated and the berries themselves easily boil soft, it is desirable to cook in several stages, although it can be one if the sugar is taken overall rate. However, if you want, instead of jam jam, and you with a little sugar can cook without vystoyki.
5. Jam from the freezer.
Very interesting and easy way to cook berry puree, jam-like consistency, while containing a small amount of sugar and preserves all the vitamins.
It is necessary to:
1 kilo of any fruit (strawberries, currants, raspberries, cherries)
250-350 grams of cane sugar (depending on taste berries)
30 g of pectin
1 tsp lemon juice (or more, if the fruit is very sweet)
1. Prepare the berries, as for conventional jam – wash, dry.
2. Put the berries and lemon juice in a blender bowl and turn them into a smooth puree.
3. Mix sugar with pectin, add the bowl of a blender and process puree for another minute or two until all the sugar has melted and puree thickens.
4. Transfer the “jam” in a clean, dry jar, cover and store in the refrigerator. The fridge is jam kept up to two weeks.
If you need to keep the jam for a long time, put it in the freezer. Before using a jar of jam in the fridge you need to rearrange a few hours to the jam thawed.
In winter, a jam can be cooked from fresh-frozen berries.
Berries must first be partially defrost, you can not fully, then cook, puree as the fresh.
The amount of pectin and sugars affect the consistency and zamorazhivaemost “jam”.
The more pectin and sugar, the thicker a ready “jam” and the less it hardens during freezing. Jam with the maximum amount of sugar and pectin may be supplied as a dessert, such as yogurt or cream.
Jam with a minimum amount of sugar and pectin immediately after preparation resembles gentle air soufflé and resembles frozen popsicles, it can freeze in tins and as such and eat! It is very tasty and healthy!
6. Peach jam with cardamom and thyme.
Ripe, expiring fragrant sweet peach juice – one of the favorite summer treats. But the jam of them get simple enough – not enough acidity and flavor to make jam more interesting. However, this is an easy fix!
If you are lucky enough to buy a small, solid, not quite ripe peaches, try to cook from them jam with spices. It has a completely unique taste and aroma thanks to cardamom and thyme. And the secret of an ancient cooking jam will help keep slices whole peaches.
2 jars of jam 0.5L capacity will need:
1kg peaches (net weight)
250 – 300g sugar
10 sprigs fresh thyme
5 cardamom pods
5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup drinking alcohol or vodka *
1 tsp pectin
1. Dip the peaches into a bowl with cold water and thoroughly wash.
2. Cut each peach into 4 pieces, remove seeds.
3. Put the peaches in a bowl, pour the sugar, pour the lemon juice and alcohol. Close peaches film or a lid and store in the refrigerator for 48 hours. Twice a day, gently mix the peaches, swapping the upper to the lower.
4. On the third day all the accumulated drain the juice into a bowl / pan for cooking jam and put the basin on fire. Bring the syrup to a boil, put the peaches with the remaining sugar into a bowl.
5. Bring the jam to a boil, scraping the bottom of permanently adhering sugar.
6. Cook the jam over low heat 15 minutes.
7. Remove the bowl with jam aside, let cool and then close the film / cover. Leave a jam in the room for a day.
8. Crush cardamom in a mortar, remove the leaves from the sprigs of thyme. Add the cardamom and thyme in a jam and stir. Place the pelvis on fire again bring the jam to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
9. While the jam is cooked, heat the clean jars suitable for canning.
10. Mix pectin with 1 tablespoon sugar, sprinkle in the pectin in jams.
11. Cook jam with pectin 3 minutes, pour the boiling hot jam banks and immediately tightly close.
12. Place the jars in the oven, preheated to a temperature of 120 – 140 degrees C and heated jars for 15 minutes.
If you want to cook the jam without sterilization of cans and / or pectin supplements, increase the amount of sugar and 700 grams per kilogram of fruit.
Fresh thyme – the additive is not mandatory, but if you do not, do not replace fresh thyme dry, because dry thyme different smell and flavor.
* Addition of alcohol or vodka to the tender fruit or berries from which you want to cook the jam, will help them to remain intact during cooking. Alcohol has tanning properties, making fruits and berries harder.