Olive oil 2 tablespoons
Onion 1 clove
3 cloves garlic
Tomato paste 1 tablespoon
Tomatoes in own juice 400g
1 bunch basil
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. Fry the finely chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about five minutes. Add to the onions tomato paste, fry, stirring occasionally, for 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Grind the soup in a blender and pour back into the pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix a tablespoon of milk with a pinch of baking soda to avoid lumps. Add the mixture to the soup in a saucepan, stir, then pour the rest of the milk. Once again, stir the soup and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
5. Try the soup. If necessary, add sugar, salt and pepper. Serve hot.