Recipe Boston cream cake
Boston cream cake – light and extremely airy dessert. This cake is the official dessert of Massachusetts. He came up with French chef M. Sanzian.
Flour – 125 g
Eggs – 4 pcs.
Sugar – 150 g
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
Cream – 50 ml
Chocolate – 200 g
For the cream:
Milk – 500 ml
Egg – 2 pcs.
Sugar – 100 g
Starch – 30 g
Butter – 50 g
1. Boil milk with vanilla bean. Eggs mixed with sugar and starch. Carefully pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
2. Pour the cream back into the ladle and put on medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for a few minutes – constantly interfere with cream. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
3. Cool the cream, cover with cling film.
4. In a bowl sift the flour, baking powder and 50 grams of sugar. Separately, mix the egg yolks, lemon juice and vegetable oil. Protein shake up the remaining 100g sugar until soft peaks form.
5. Gradually stir yolk mixture into whites. In three steps to pour the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly each time. Bake at 175 C for 30-40 minutes.
6. Ready cake cool and cut into 2-3 pieces.
7. Each cake liberally lubricate the growing cold custard.
8. For the glaze heat the cream and mix them with melted chocolate. Pour on top of the cake.