Braised veal tails
The tail veal 4 pieces
Celery 1 piece
Carrot 1 piece
Onion 1 clove
Pepper 2 pieces
Sauce 1 liter demiglyas
Olive oil 150ml
3 cloves garlic
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Veal tails cut by vertebrae, feeling joint. Tails is better to take no more and no small – medium. For this dish needs last four or five vertebrae – those at the base of tail too large.
2. Tails put in a pot or saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for two o’clock – until the meat softens. Pieces of different sizes cook different times, so there is less need to remove before.
3. About half an hour until cooked tails clean onions, carrots and peppers (for a variety of palettes can take peppers of different colors: one, for example, the red, the other yellow), and then cut them with celery identical cubes of medium size.
4. Put the skillet or saucepan over high heat, splash of olive oil. Crush the garlic cloves with a knife and fry in a little saucepan. Put chopped vegetables and fry, stirring rapidly, and twenty seconds reduce the heat to low and hold for another ten minutes – until half of vegetables.
5. Add to the skillet demiglyas, stir and wait for something that was jelly, turn into liquid.
6. Add the sauce and salt and pepper to taste, bring it to a boil – and leave on the fire for five minutes.
7. Put the sauce caudal vertebrae and simmer for half an hour, so that they were filled with sauce. Care should be taken so as not evaporated too much fluid, and occasionally add water. When the meat is easily separated from the bone can be removed from the heat.
8. Serve steamed tails can polenta and grilled vegetables (like zucchini, squash and carrots), and it is possible – with mashed potatoes, rice or couscous. And even with buckwheat.