Carrot cake with almonds
Carrots 2 pieces
Sugar 200 g
Egg chicken 4 pieces
Wheat flour 50g
Lemon peel 3 tablespoons
Cointreau 1 tbsp
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Two large carrots peel and grate. Almond grind into crumbs in a food processor. Stir in the carrots and almonds in a large deep bowl.
2. Eggs separated into yolks and whites. Whip the egg yolks with half the sugar (100 g), add the flour, baking powder, a pinch of cinnamon, zest. At the end pour the liqueur and stir. The resulting mass is to connect with carrots and almonds.
3. In a separate clean, dry bowl whisk beat whites with the remaining sugar in a thick foam and gently spatula or wooden spoon stir it into the carrot and nut pastry.
4. The dough is poured into a pre-greased with a small amount of vegetable oil deep form. Bake for less than an hour at 180 degrees.
5. Ready pie remove from oven, cool for twenty – twenty-five minutes and remove from the mold. Cut into portions and serve immediately.