Chicken baked in a crisp with ginger and oranges
Chicken 1 piece
Flower honey 4 tbsp
Oranges 2 pieces
40 g grated ginger
Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
Spices to taste
Salt to taste a large
Ground red pepper to taste
1. From one orange cut a quarter and set aside. The remainder of the second whole orange peel and carefully remove all the bitter white film. Cut into thick slices about polcantimetra.
2. Chicken dry well (you can use paper kitchen towels) and rub on all sides with vegetable oil, coarse salt, red and black pepper.
3. Heat oven to 200 degrees. At the bottom of a small deep pan or baking dish put one layer of slices of orange. In oranges put the chicken breast side down. Put in the oven for forty minutes.
4. Of the remaining quarters of an orange into a small deep bowl squeeze the juice. If oranges are soft, it can be done right hand, then removing the bones from the bowl.
5. Peel the ginger and grate. Mix the orange juice with ginger, four tablespoons of honey and add spices to taste – you can throw a pinch of black pepper and red. Stir.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and carefully flip the breast up and carefully lubricate the resulting orange-ginger mixture. The most convenient way to do a special culinary brush.
7. Return the pan with the chicken in the oven and bake for about an hour, occasionally basting the chicken juices from the pan; more often it is done, the faster formed crust – and the juicy meat is underneath.
8. The finished chicken with a beautiful golden crust can be put on the table as a whole, a little cool, to cut into portions and serve with grilled oranges, pouring juice from the pan.