Recipe Chicken liver pate
You will need:
800 g fresh chicken liver
180 g butter
1-2 tablespoons cognac or brandy (optional)
ground black pepper
salt to taste
Fresh bread or crackers for serving
How to cook:
1. Wash and clean of unnecessary films chicken livers. Leave butter warm to room temperature.
2. Heat a deep frying pan with 2-3 tablespoons of butter, add the chopped onion and cook over moderate heat until soft and golden brown (12-15 minutes).
3. Grate carrots, add to the pan, stir and cook vegetables together for 8-10 minutes.
4. Slide the fried onions and carrots to one side of the pan, increase the heat to medium and add the chicken livers. Fry the liver, stirring occasionally so that it browned on all sides, but do not overcook, or the liver will be similar to rubber. Then season with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg, mix well and set aside to cool slightly liver.
5. Chop the contents of the frying pan with butter in a meat grinder, blender or food processor. Mix and dosolit taste. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of cognac and mix again.
6. Put the paste into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve with fresh bread or pastry bag to squeeze out on crackers.