Recipe Cinnamon buns with icing
Flour, 315 g;
Dry yeast 2 tsp .;
Milk 300 ml;
Flour, 230 g;
Salt 1/2 tsp .;
Sugar 7 tbsp .;
The yolk 1 piece;
Butter (melted), 60 ml;
Cinnamon (ground) 2 tsp .;
Powdered sugar 100 g;
Almond extract 1 tsp .;
1. Preparation time – 4 hours 30 minutes
2. Preparation of the sponge:
In a large bowl, combine the milk, yeast and flour. Mix well, cover the bowl with a slightly damp kitchen towel and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature. After this time, prepare the basic dough. Add the sourdough flour, salt, sugar. Whisk yolk lightly with melted butter and add to the dough. Thoroughly knead the dough: 8-10 minutes by hand or 3-4 minutes at medium speed planetary mixer. The dough should be soft and elastic.
3. Cover the dough with a little damp tea towel and leave for 1.5 -2 hours. The dough should increase in volume by half.
4. Divide the dough into 2 parts, cover slightly damp towel and leave for another 20 minutes. Mix the sugar and cinnamon.
5. After this time, roll out the first part, making possible a rectangular or square shape. Generously sprinkle the surface of the dough with cinnamon sugar.
6. Tightly roll width.
7. Using a sharp knife carefully cut the dough into small buns.
8. Put the bread in the pan, the laid parchment or a silicone mat for baking. It is also possible to combine in a cast-iron frying pan or a round heat-resistant form, greased with butter. Cover the buns slightly damp towel and leave for 1 hour at room temperature in a place without drafts.
9. 1 hour before baking, preheat the oven to 200ᵒS. It is important that it is properly warmed up before inserting the pan with the rolls. Bake for 18-20 minutes rolls individually during baking and baking 25-30 minutes at a circular shape as pie. Biscuits should be well browned and be soft when pressed.
Remove the muffins from the oven, put on the rack to cool, or simply on a clean plate when baking in a circular form. When baking on a baking sheet leave it as is.
10. Preparation of the glaze:
In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, almond extract and 2-3 tbsp boiling water to a thick sauce. Stir the glaze whisk until texture is completely homogeneous.
11. Allow the biscuits to cool for 5-8 minutes and then pour the glaze surface.
12. Buns ready to serve.