Crab phalanges with oyster sauce in the wok
Phalanx crab 150 g
Red onion ⅓ head
Garlic cloves ½
Soy sauce for seafood 1 tablespoon
Starch ½ teaspoon
Oyster sauce ½ teaspoon
1.5 cups chicken broth
Lime pieces ¼
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Phalanx unfreeze the king crab. Cut the shell – it does not need special pruning shears, scissors and ordinary suit. Remove the meat and leave your hands for ten minutes, to glass excess water. If you’re dealing with already cleaned crab, it is also necessary to unfreeze and get rid of excess moisture.
2. Dissolve half a teaspoon of starch in the third cup of water – it must necessarily be cold, or completely dissolve the starch does not leave. If the fluid to take a little more sauce get thinner – it’s all a matter of taste. Stir starch must be very careful not to leave lumps.
3. Finely chop the garlic, chop the onion into thin slices. Pour into wok couple of spoons of oil and put the pan in the highest fire. Asian tradition requires that the beginning of the cooking oil with smoke. As soon as the black smoke, throw in wok garlic and onions.
4. Onions and garlic have to fry, stirring, fifteen or twenty seconds – not long, slices of onion should remain crispy. Then throw in wok crab meat – and cook it for approximately half a minute, slowly moving his phalanx from side to side.
5. Serve with crab soy and oyster sauce, stir gently. Then pour into a glass of hot wok of chicken broth. Yet for some time – about thirty seconds – will it take to be fed with crab meat managed to taste the broth and sauces.
6. Pour a spoonful of sugar in a wok, stir in broth. Gradually add two tablespoons of starch solution. Pour it into the boiling liquid very carefully, in small portions, stirring all the time to the sauce was thick evenly. Hold the wok on the fire even half a minute.
7. Now you should try to get the sauce. If it seems too salty, too concentrated and sharp, you can dilute it with the remains of chicken broth. Having perfect, in your opinion, taste the sauce, remove with a slotted spoon to shift and crab on the plate.
8. Remaining in a wok sauce thicken starch solution: Asia made to bring it to the consistency of liquid jelly but Europeans often prefer diet version. Drizzle sauce crab phalanges and pepper to taste and garnish with a slice of lime dish.