Recipe English shepherd’s pie
Minced beef – 400 g
Potatoes – 5-7 pcs.
Tomato – 1 pc.
Onions – 2 pcs.
Carrots – 2 pcs.
Tomato paste – 1 tbsp. l.
Sweet corn – 2 tbsp. l.
Corn flour – 1 tbsp. l.
Butter – 50 g
Egg – 1 pc.
Sour cream – for greasing
Cheese – 100 g (I took parmesan)
Salt, pepper, spices – to taste
1. Clean and boil the potatoes until tender.
2. Onions cut into cubes, carrots rubbed on a coarse grater and fry in olive oil. Add the minced meat, salt, pepper, and covered with a lid, simmer. Meanwhile, mix the corn, tomato paste and diced tomatoes – add this mixture to the meat. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Turn on the oven to 160 degrees without rinsing
4. Make the mashed potatoes, add the egg and butter + spices of your choice, then add the flour and mix thoroughly again.
5. Grease a baking dish with olive oil, spread the stuffing tightly tamping. Lightly sprinkle with grated cheese. Put the mashed potatoes on top, carefully level it across the surface.
6. Grease sour cream, sprinkle with cheese and send our shepherd’s pie in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Readiness is determined from the alluring aroma and a beautiful crust.