How to keep flowers in using glycerol
If you want to save for a long time presented a bouquet or a bouquet in a perpetual present, it is possible to preserve the flowers using glycerol.
Glycerin preserves flower almost in its original form, the plants are flexible and even slightly change color. The only “but” – too young foliage canning using glycerol can not be.
For the preservation of flowers will need:
– Transparent containers (plastic or glass with a lid and better nevysovkie wide as small flowers will float)
– Flowers with thick leaves and stems, as flowers with finer foliage worse retain the initial view.
1. In a purely washed container fold flowers in random order, because after pouring liquid color is still mixed. Lightweight single flowers after pouring liquid usually emerge. Flowers need to prepare a certain way: to make an oblique cut the stem, remove the lower leaves, peel or split the bark and stem of about 6 cm, the solution to better penetrate into the flower.
2. Prepare a solution: hot water mixed with the glycerol in a ratio of 3: 1 (one part glycerin and three parts water). The resulting solution was cooled to room temperature.
3. Fill the solution into the prepared container with flowers.
4. If, after pouring do not like the colors – better with a stick or tweezers.
5. The tight-fitting lid. The cover can decorate with ribbons, raffia, cloth, dried flowers, in general, all that is at hand.
6. Put on the shelf. After 2 weeks, when the flowers are soaked in glycerine, the solution may become cloudy – pollen, flower juice, etc. You can rasvor drain, rinse the flowers (smell can be unpleasant) and pour back the same solution. Everything. Then the flowers will remain unchanged as long as you do not want the new bouquet.
The cover can be decorated with a linen cloth and soak it with essential oils.