Basmati rice 550 g
Lamb 640 g
Onions 60 g
Melted butter 160g
Kyavar 160 g
Spinach 120 g
Cilantro (coriander) 40 g
Parsley 100 g
Saffron 2 g
Pita Azerbaijan 1 piece
Lemon juice to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Wash rice until water runs clear, and soak in warm water for an hour. Tilt in a colander. Prepare the saffron: brew as a tea – 1 gram per 60 ml of boiling water – let stand for about an hour, then strain.
2. Move the rice in hot salt water, which should be 1.5-2 liters, so that it covered the figure. Boil until half, again fold in a colander.
3. For Sabzi: lamb cleaned of veins and films and cut into medium size pieces – forty grams each.
4. Heat a frying pan 60 grams of melted butter and fry the meat on it until almost cooked – take about twenty minutes.
5. Add the finely chopped onion, continue to stir fry until it is tender.
6. Add chopped QYAVAR, parsley, spinach and cilantro. Mix and simmer on low heat for 30-35 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with lemon juice.
7. Put the bottom of the cauldron, or pan with a thick bottom sheet of lavash, put on top of the rice, pour it and the infusion of saffron dissolved 100 grams of melted butter. Put on low heat and cook for a couple of hours: rice should turn out crisp and slightly oily. Arrange on plates rice, and on top – Sabz.