Cream 48% -s 100 ml
Walnut nutmeg ½ teaspoon
Gruyere cheese 100g
4 cloves garlic
Salt to your liking
Ground black pepper in taste
1. Clean the potatoes and cut it into thin slices (2-3 mm) – a knife, grater, it’s best mandolin. Thinly nastrogat potatoes, do not wash it with water to not splash out starch, which need to thicken the cream.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil the milk and cream. Add the potatoes and stir to potatoes covered with a layer of cream. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for eight to ten minutes, stirring to the mixture stuck to the bottom of the pan. Once the potatoes will be ready, it’s easy to check for taste, stir in the alliance milk, potatoes and cream, grated cheese, and then remove the pan from the heat.
4. Crush the garlic and mix it with potatoes and all the rest. The mixture is poured into a deep form and put bake in the oven, preheated to 120 degrees for twenty-five minutes.
5. Gratin is ready, when the tip of a sharp knife easily pierces it (the blade should not be included in the oil, some weightless resistance you still need to feel). To casserole browned, put it on the very top shelf of the oven and turn the maximum fire for about a minute. Before serving, let the potatoes cool a little, to cheese-cream sauce is slightly thickened.