Home hard cheese
● 500 grams of fat cottage cheese (not less than 9%) granular
● 500 ml of milk (the fatter the better, but I took the usual 3.2%)
● 50 grams of butter
● 0,5 teaspoon baking soda
● 1 egg
● salt to taste (about 0.5 teaspoons)
1. Pour milk into a wide saucepan. Pours milk into curds and begin stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula to avoid sticking. We bring the milk to a boil and continue to boil in milk curds approximately 10-15 minutes. The fire must be very small, not to cheese does not dry and stuck to the pan.
2. Next, take the sieve, the smaller the better, and we pour our mass – filtered through the sieve. If you have a large sieve, it is better to put on a further several layers of cheesecloth.
3. Wait for the whey to drain. In the meantime, melt the butter in a saucepan and mix it with eggs and soda. When the oil is good, “broke up” with soda and egg, add the cooked curd, from which the glass serum.
4. At the minimum heat stirring constantly and carefully to “make” the oil-egg weight – about 5 minutes. If you begin to strongly dry on a pan, add a little whey, so I did. When your cheese will be soft yellow (cheese thoroughly mixed with egg, soda and butter), you can remove from the heat.
5. Then shift the weight in the finished form, can be pre-pave it with gauze to cottage cheese is better and moved as if to shift the weight back to the sieve. And ubiraemsyr in the refrigerator.
6. Within a few hours of our cheese at home is ready. It can be cut and put on a sandwich. It is not very salty, if you like salted – add a teaspoon of salt and bolshe.Po your liking, he is not worse than the store, and for rewarding quality is much better.