The choice of material countertops with excellent bathroom is associated with certain difficulties, although they represented about the same price category. Options countertops in the bathroom and in the kitchen a little different, it does not deal with hot pans, sharp objects, so the choice is determined by the great style and value than the strength and durability. We offer an overview of the most popular tops, their advantages and disadvantages.
Granite can compete only on demand with quartz. It is chosen for natural, beautiful figure and a variety of colors.
• Wide range of patterns, from blurred to bright, and colors.
• It is a durable stone, scratch-resistant and easy to use.
• It is impervious to moisture and hot effects.
• Stone virtually forever.
• It is one of the most expensive materials.
• Greater weight.
• It can be damaged during installation illiterate.
• It requires expensive energy costs during its production, transport and processing
Quartz – durable natural material, virtually every stone in its composition contains a certain percentage of quartz. Manufacture of quartz surfaces, among which the most popular are Caesarstone, Cambria, Zodiaq and Silestone, to change its colors using dyes and pigments, resins, etc.
• Quartz stronger than granite and requires no sealing.
• The stone is resistant to moisture, stains and bacteria.
• Quartz surface can acquire a predetermined shape and can withstand any changes.
• The price is almost comparable with the cost of marble and granite.
• Due to the grinding and texturing treatments on a quartz surface can remain fingerprints and stains, therefore, requires regular care.
Leading manufacturers of Corian, Gibraltar, Formica Solid Surfacing and Staron. Such surfaces are presented in a variety of colors, drawing them barely visible, so they are particularly suitable for any style.
• Durability, resistance to water, bacteria and stains.
• Thanks to simulate realistic patterns can compete with natural stones.
• The ability to mask minimal damage grinding.
• There are models with built-in sinks and apron.
• Compatibility with other decorative elements, regardless of color and lighting.
• Damage to the surfaces of dark colors can be seen more clearly.
• susceptible to damage from high temperatures may crack on impact.
For centuries, an elegant marble was synonymous with wealth and privilege. Today, this stone has become more accessible. In most cases, it is white with gray streaks, although there are other colors.
• Sturdy and durable material.
• to sand and other types of processing.
• harmonize with any style.
• The high cost.
• The tendency to staining, cracking. Susceptibility to acids.
• The need filling from time to time.
It would seem that the concrete – a building material, but it is successfully applied in the interior design, as is able to acquire the specified form. Most concrete countertops are formed on the road for maximum control quality.
• The organic material that simulates natural stone.
• Wide range of colors, textures and decor.
• The ability to acquire a predetermined shape corresponding to the different levels and styles.
• Environmentally friendly material, moreover, in its manufacture can be used recycled material.
• Regular treatment of the surface by grinding or rubbing wax.
• The visible seam lines that mask color filler.
• One of the most accessible materials for the manufacture of countertops.
• Durable, moisture resistant, easy to care for.
• Wide range
• Easy installation without the help of a professional.
• Over time, the material becomes thinner and fades.
• The damage is not beyond repair; will have to change completely the entire surface.
Ceramic tiles can be charming and simple materials. It is actively used in the design in a Spanish colonial style in the design of beach houses and bathrooms. Tiles of different colors – it is ideal for beautiful design protection panels when installing countertops and plumbing.
• Glazed tile surface is resistant to high temperatures, stains, scratches and moisture.
• Damaged tiles can be replaced fragmentary.
• Tile does not require the services of professionals to install and can be made to order.
• The seams can accumulate dirt and mold, which is difficult to fight.
• Tiles can crack and break.