Marble catfish with fish mashed potatoes and marinade
Catfish fillet 2 pieces
Olive oil 3 tablespoons
Cod fillet 100g
Carrot 150 g
Shallots 75 g
Tomatoes 75 g
Carnation 1 piece
Anise (star anise) 1 piece
Bay leaf 1 piece
Ground black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Boil mashed potatoes. In salted water simmered cod fillets. Mash the potatoes, stir it, kneading segments of cod and 100 grams of butter. Season with salt and pepper.
2. For the marinade cut baby carrots julienne, ie small strips.
3. Sauté with chopped shallots in olive oil, add the cloves, star anise and bay leaves (you can also pre-fry in a dry frying pan).
4. In a separate frying pan sauté in olive oil, peeled and finely diced tomatoes; ready-rubbed through a sieve to get rid of the seeds.
5. Transfer the tomatoes to the onions and carrots (of which you want to remove the cloves, star anise and bay leaves) and simmer for ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Heat a pan of olive oil. Share catfish fillet on a hot skillet – skin side down. Broil, especially without disturbing the fish – you can only just touch the frying pan, stir fillets that has not stuck. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Three minutes before removing from heat lay on top of a 15 gram cube of butter. Serve the fried catfish with mashed potatoes and marinade, which can be put on the fish, and next to her.