Meatballs in tomato-orange sauce
For the meatballs:
Ground beef – 250 g
Milk – 100 ml.
Bread without crust – ’30
Egg – 1 pc.
Flour – 2 tbsp
Salt, pepper, cumin, paparika – pinch
Sunflower oil – for frying
For the sauce:
Honey – 1 tsp
Wine vinegar – 1 tsp
Juice of 1 orange
Tomato paste – 200 g
Tomatoes – 2 pcs. – optional
Curry – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
For the garnish:
Eggplant – 1 pc.
Potatoes – 3 pieces.
Salt – to taste
Green – for decoration
1. Milk slightly warmed in a microwave oven and let the bread, from which the pre-take off the crust, soften it.
2. To add the minced egg, soaked in milk bread, flour and a pinch of salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
3. In order to keep the shape of the meatballs, they need a little fry in sunflower oil.
4. Now it’s time to sauce for the meatballs. In a skillet or a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the honey, add the wine and vinegar for 1 minute to warm up together. Pour Orange juice, add the heat and, stirring occasionally, evaporated to about half.
5. Put the tomato paste and curry, salt and mix. I also added chopped tomatoes, as I have the most inopportune moment suddenly ended tomato paste, you can do it again.
6. Connect the meatballs to the sauce and simmer over low heat, covered for 20 minutes During this time progotovyatsya meatballs and sauce soaked.
7. Meanwhile, prepare garnish. Eggplant shall cut into cubes and soak in salted water for 10 minutes Before, I never did, but once decided to conduct an experiment and was very pleased. Firstly, the salt water takes bitterness, secondly, after this soaking eggplant take much less oil.
8. After soaking fry eggplant until tender and add salt to taste.
9. potato business is easier, it is still not as capricious as eggplant. Total and the need to clean it, cut into cubes and fry until golden brown and do not forget to salt the right at the end.
10. Once progotovyatsya meatballs, potatoes and eggplant fire, the dish can be assembled, and in the end decorate with greenery.
11. As you can see, the recipe is very simple, but the sauce with a delicate sour taste and hints of orange, makes this dish a stunningly delicious.