Steak with mint and balsamic vinegar
Beef 700 g
Tomatoes 3 pieces
Onion 1 piece
1 bunch fresh mint
Sea salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Lemon zest to taste
Balsamic vinegar to taste
Olive oil to taste
Butter 20 g
1. Beef fillet cut into small steaks about 3 cm wide. Rub with salt and black pepper. Put the meat in a bowl, add mint leaves and a couple of teaspoons of olive oil. Stir hands and leave to marinate for twenty to thirty minutes.
2. In a small pan mix a teaspoon of olive oil and butter and a good warm up. Add the finely chopped onion. Fry until golden brown, then add the chopped garlic. Stir and fry together for another couple of minutes.
3. Tomatoes cut into thin slices and add a semi-circular in the pan to the onions and garlic. Gently stir spatula, trying not to make a mess of tomatoes and put out all together for another three or four minutes.
4. When the tomatoes are fully prepared, the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, then cover the pan tightly with a lid and remove from heat. Put in a warm place.
5. The red-hot frying pan over high heat, heavy-bottomed frying pan or grilled beef slices and fry on both sides until brown. Inside, the meat should remain neprozharennoe.
6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Meat pour balsamic vinegar, a teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with lemon zest. Put in the oven for seven to ten minutes, shifting steaks, if required, from the frying pan into the refractory shape.
7. Ready steaks removed from the oven, to pass on to a cutting board and let the meat rest for four to five minutes. Then with a sharp knife to cut each steak into small slices 1-1.5 cm thick.
8. On the plate nicely put sliced steak – five to seven pieces per serving – and fried onion and tomato. Sprinkle the meat and vegetables are a little olive oil and garnish the dish with a sprig of fresh mint.