Stewed Munich sausages with potatoes in the German style
Potatoes 4 pieces
Salt to taste
Munich sausages 900g
Olive oil 3 tablespoons
Cabbage 250 g
Carrots 2 pieces
Celery 3 pieces
Red onion 1 clove
Bay leaf 1 piece
Apple 1 piece
The mixture of spices for grilled meat 1 tablespoon
Bacon 4 pieces
Cumin powder 2 teaspoons
Yellow onion 1 clove
Dijon mustard 50 ml
2 teaspoons sugar
Balsamic vinegar White 100 ml
Parsley chopped pinch
Chicken broth 250 ml
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the sausages in a frying pan, add about a quarter cup of water, sprinkle with oil. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and cook sausage until the water has completely evaporated. During this time they will have to purchase a light golden color. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
2. While preparing sausages, potatoes peeled, cut into small cubes, put them into a small saucepan and cover with water. Lightly season with salt and put to cook over medium heat until cooked. Cabbage finely chop.
3. Clean the carrot, red onion and apple. Cut into middle-sized pieces and put in a bowl of a food processor. Chop the vegetables with apple in pulse mode without turning the mixture into a porridge.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm two tablespoons of olive oil. Add the cabbage and vegetable mix, stir, build pripra- bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer seven or eight minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour the cider to the cabbage, put out another thirty seconds, stir in mustard and turn off the fire. Remove bay leaf. Cooked cabbage cover and set aside for a while. Then chop the onions and bacon.
6. Heat the skillet over medium heat and fry the bacon on it first for two or three minutes, then add the onion to it – and fry together for another five minutes.
7. Ready Potatoes recline in a colander, dry and return to the pan, mix with bacon and onions. Add the vinegar and sprinkle with sugar. Pour in the broth, add a little black pepper. Turn off the heat. Stir the potatoes to mix all the flavors.
8. Before serving, gently heat the Munich sausage. On serving plates lay stewed cabbage, cabbage on top of two or four sausages, then – potatoes with bacon and onions.